It’s been a week

I am not feeling the slightest bit inspired, despite the recent quite eventful occurrences, fruitful and otherwise. This week, and the one just past, has been one wholesome remarkable period.
It started with my reaching the limit on some tolerance concerning some personal stuff between me and gesty spider monkey (name changed for obvious reasons). See, the thing with me is that certain things seem minute, to me, and I hardly mind them. But a realization occurred to me that I actually do mind the small “unimportant” stuff; only not as they happen. I sweep them under the carpet. But one can only do that for so long before a disturbing ‘bump’ starts showing. Just like eggs, one can only hold a certain number in their palms and just one extra addition will result to an unwanted, almost expected, outcome… its falling. And an effort, futile to say the least, to save them will only lead to the breaking of all the others. Am I communicating? Are you getting what I’m saying? Haha, that reminds me of my G.H.C. teacher, lovable woman, that one. And laughable too, sorry to say. Anyway, I’m not known to communicate my oppressions. I pile them up until one last addition triggers the snapping. This is one thing I should change, I know. But it’s as hard as changing my not keeping in touch with supposed friends. I don’t do it on purpose.
Then came the road trip to the Abadare Ranges. Lovely time that was, what with the scenery, with lovely company. Actually we were just visiting my brother who happens to school in that remote area, but it was awesome, nonetheless. This was followed by a house party where I totally snapped at gesty spider monkey. Taking responsibility, later, and fixing it only resulted to a disturbance of the serenity and excitement of an anticipated event. Actually it was THE EVENT! I’m still apologetic to one whose truncated name matches not his interest. I think. Does it?

Gesty spider monkey and I went to watch X MEN one late evening. One can only imagine the excitement overflowing in me and the many “awesome”s that were urging to escape my mouth. The anticipation was just too much. Then I’m there waiting for the 3D glasses and the guy looks at me, pauses, then brusquely drawls saying the movie is in not in 3D.

Dismay!

Halfway through the movie, the lights go out.
I am not lying. Albeit shortly, say five minutes, the lights actually went out in the theatre in the middle of a movie. So we got a rewind. I’m almost positive this has never happened before. Told you, it was one exceptional week.
But wait, the crown is yet to be bestowed.

So I’m strutting walking in town to school. I’ve got my sexy swag on, my pride shooting and all. My esteem was so high, I swear I could fly. My happy-walk was cut short by these guys who just surrounded me from nowhere. Was I too engrossed in my happy time to notice them from afar? So the street is really crowded with human traffic, it’s that rush hour time. And these guys walk with me and start talking to me like we’re friends or something. Only it’s a pretend talk. One is already in my pocket and grabs hold of something. I instinctively grab hold of my phone and wallet, still not sure what’s happening.

I’m being mugged in the middle of a street with hundreds of passersby not noticing a thing! What?!

Talk of crime evolution! It’s blending in!

All these things are happening so fast, I’m still not quite registering what’s going on… much. So it hit me and I got scared. I all of a sudden notice the press on my back. It’s a gun. Dear mother. No, dear God. Help me. I got scared. And then puzzled. Yes, the guy on my left, a black guy, still struggling to get my phone, had a nose pointy enough to cut fabric. I swear.

So I had to think fast. I figured they wouldn’t get violent on such a busy street, so I shoved one of them and walked unexpectedly fast. Really fast. Almost sprinting. I crossed the road right after seeing them, ever so briefly, following me. I got into a ‘bata’ shop where I composed myself and shopped for sandals like nothing had happened. It’s also where I realized they had already taken some money. Nothing more though.

And after that whole week, I’m still not inspired to write anything. Oh wait, I’ve written something. That’ll do, for now.

Till next time, Adios.

Facebook Twitter RSS